The Student category, previously known as Tier 4, is for those coming to the UK to study, covering everyone from small children aged 4 years and over through to postgraduates researching for their doctorates.

At the heart of every Student application is the Certificate of Acceptance for Studies (CAS), assigned to you by your sponsoring educational institution, giving details of your course of study, the duration of the course, the course fees and other relevant matters.

If you require additional support, in making an application either for yourself or your family members, we have the expertise and experience to help you navigate the rules, address any refusals and comply with the Student requirements once here.

Those coming to the UK for a short course of study in the UK, such as an English language course or a training course, or for a short period of research as part of an overseas degree course, can do so with a Short Term Study visa. The maximum period of study is six months, unless you are aged 16 or over and coming to study English, when you can come for up to 11 months.

There are a number of additional requirements, set out in the Immigration Rules and UKVI guidance, including having to satisfy the visa officer of your intention to leave the UK at the end of the short term studies. 

Our team can advise on these requirements and any potential difficulties, depending on your circumstances.

You can find out more about studying in the UK by visiting the UK Council for International Student Affairs (UKCISA) website. UKCISA is a charity which provides a wealth of good quality and clear guidance for international students.