Check your immigration status - Home Office launches new service

You can now ask the Home Office to check your immigration status if your access to work, benefits or services has been affected, and you believe this is because the Home Office holds the incorrect immigration status for you. This service is free of charge.

How to Apply

You will need to complete this form and send it along with the additional documentation listed below to or post it to this address:

Customer Correspondence Hub (IC)
Lunar House
7th Floor
40 Wellesley Road

Additional Documentation

  • a copy of the letter you received informing you that your access to work, benefits or services had stopped
  • information on who has stopped your access to work, benefits or services; this may include details of your employer, or another government department e.g. HMRC, DWP, DVLA or DVA.
  • any reference numbers relating to your query
  • copies of relevant letters to support your claim, for example an immigration decision letter or a letter sent to your employer prompting them to check your right to work in the UK

Only documentation in either English or Welsh and in either pdf or jpg format will be accepted.

You can expect a response within 7 working days of the Home Office receiving your enquiry. You may be contacted for further information if necessary.

For any advice on your immigration matters, contact us at Turpin & Miller.